Rethinking African Development
Under this thematic JENA will endeavour
- To influence development policy and seek to entrench a development model that is both productive and distributive to the majority, one that is innovative and promotes wealth creation and which effectively addresses youth unemployment, poverty eradication, the ecological crisis.
- Leverage the resourcefulness of young people in Africa who form over 60% of the African population.
- Marginalised communities and young people have their livelihood and quality of life improved and prosper socially and economically empowered to find solutions to local problems
- To ensure that marginalised communities and young people define their own development and participate in finding solutions to their own problems
- To promote the knowledge economy and the relevant and right innovation